IT & Internet
WordPress Developer - Leeds
Our client has been going for over 20 years, providing marketing services to brand owners and marketeers. They have expanded over the years to become one of the leading marketing production services houses in the North of England, specialising in catalogue design & production, direct mail, design for print and website production. They use technology systems to drive their in-house digital workflows to ensure clients receive efficient and cost-effective marketing solutions, that work!
This role will involve working on a variety of digital projects for clients, including bespoke WordPress website/ecommerce builds, theme & plugin development and on-page WordPress development using the Elementor page builder.
- Review and understand functional and technical specification documents
- Make recommendations on the best technical solutions to meet customer’s project briefs
- Setting up WordPress on staging and production servers
- Build WordPress websites to agreed design briefs
- Testing and optimisation of WordPress and web apps for speed and performance
- Resolving customer support requests
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years commercial experience ideally in an agency
- Understanding of web accessibility standards
- WordPress security best practices
- WordPress performance optimisation
- Understanding technical SEO best practices
- Version control and experience with deployment tools such as Git
- A flexible attitude with proven experience of working in a small team
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using the Elementor page builder
- Laravel or similar MVC framework
- Experience using Adobe XD or similar to create wireframes
- Experience using Magento
- A bunch of friendly colleagues in a modern office environment
- Option for flexible working/working from home
- Generous holiday allowance (plus a bonus day off on your birthday!)
- Company Apple Mac
- Company pension scheme
- Free parking
- Opportunities for training, development, and progression
- Plenty of tea and biscuits!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.