Window Fitter/ Window Boarding Operative - Dartford
Required for Emergency Call outs, fitting Steel Windows and Boarding Windows.
Salary: Competitive basic salary with additional benefits including life insurance, sick pay, personal accident insurance, pension scheme, employee assistance programme and 20 days holiday rising each year to max 25 days plus bank holidays.
Our Company are the UK’s leading provider in vacant property services. They also cover site and personal protection services. They are a nationwide company with 18 offices and depots providing 24/7 assistance.
This company are looking to recruit Operatives to join their team in Dartford who are friendly, self-motivated, hard- working, with a can do attitude and who are reliable. The role is demanding physically so candidates must be prepared for hands on work, the ideal person must be able to work on their own initiative and be prepared for early starts. The job requires work inside and outside in all type of weather, initially, cleaning and clearing as per assigned jobs and take away for disposal at the recycling centres.
You will be trained and developed over time to fulfil a whole range of duties in line with all the services we offer, which could include fitting steel, responding to mobile alarms, mould eradication, pest control, garden work and any other services from our diverse client base.
- Ensure all items are installed, fitted, and removed to meet company specifications
- Load and unload company vehicle in a safe manner and ensure that all equipment is secure
- Responsible for company vehicles including basic maintenance
- Deliver and retrieve security keys from/to customers
- Change locks when required
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
- Report all problems, complains and faults to the supervisor
- Perform as a fully supportive team member
- Drive the team van when required
- Carry out any other reasonable duties when necessary
Essential Skills & Requirements:
You will need to have basic maths and English and a good working geographical knowledge of the local area.
You need to have a full driving licence with no drink driving charges in last 11 years.
You need to have experience using hand tools and basic electronic test equipment.
You will need to be able to work at heights and able to understand contract term and conditions.
Experience as a window fitter, carpenter, boarding or similar role with precise measuring would be beneficial.
Please do not apply from outside of the UK as your application will not be considered.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.