IT & Internet
£30,000 Per Annum
Location: Hybrid / Shoreham / Brighton & Hove
Salary: Above £30,000
A sussex-based web accessibilityand development agency are looking for a Web developer. They are looking for a natural problem-solver and a friendly developer with a good understanding of modern web development.
You do not have to be a Full Stack developer for this role, but the more stacks you are interested in, the better. As a Web developer you will work in partnership with other designers and developers in the development of bespoke themes and websites from scratch. You will be writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
Creating website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
Provide development support as part of ongoing service agreements - new functionality, bug-fixing / performance optimisation.
You will provide internal input on project scoping, development, and QA processes
Skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Strong PHP development
- Experience with frameworks such as Laravel
- Experience with modern build-stack tools (NPM, yarn, grunt, gulp, webpack)
- Commercial API Development experience
- Confident team communicator
- WordPress theme development experience.
- An interest in accessibility and the promotion of a more inclusive web
- A passion for the web with an interest in current trends, techniques, best practices and web-standards
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Familiarity with website accessibility guidelines and best practices (e.g., WCAG 2.1)
- Experience in website performance optimisation
- Experience of server management and configuration
- An interest in the Open-Source community
Benefits and culture:
- A friendly and sociable working environment in a nice, open plan studio by the sea.
- A Hybrid approach with the option to work in other Brighton co-working spaces
- An employer committed to sustainability.
- A workstation to suit you and other equipment if required.
- Commitment to paid volunteer hours
- Nature days / mental health days
- Annual personal training budget
- 30 days holiday
- Birthday off
- Team social events
- Development conferences and opportunities to grow and learn as a developer.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.