IT & Internet
Web Developer – Brighton, East Sussex.
Salary: Competitive Salary DOE
Our client, a brand agency is looking to bring on board a Web Developer to join a strong and growing digital team consisting of UX specialists, designers, and developers. The candidate will be working with the wider team of brand designers and strategists, the digital team are responsible for setting out how brands work in a digital space, and delivering on this. The company’s focus is on creating experiences that communicate brands in exciting ways, making their audience take notice, and ensuring they stand out for their purpose.
The purpose of this role is to work within the digital team to build exciting websites and digital experiences. Working on one of the primary touchpoints of our client’s communications it’s a key role in helping deliver brands and campaigns.
- To build websites with a brand and UX focus that provide outstanding performance and reliability - primarily using WordPress as a CMS and developing custom themes.
- To work closely with clients to establish trusted and long-term relationships.
- Working end-to-end on new projects and working with existing clients to support their websites and help deliver on their evolving projects.
- Collaborate with strategy peers and report to the Digital Director and Senior Developer.
- Be a positive influence on the organisation, be prepared for and welcome the creative and strategic challenges that the role will present and maintain a positive approach to resolve them.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Expertise in the basics: HTML, CSS, PHP.
- Understand how your work impacts security, performance, accessibility, and SEO.
- Ability to inspire high standards and maintain great team morale.
- A high level of IT skills and Mac proficiency.
- Examples of end-to-end website builds.
- Clear, concise, and compelling written and spoken presentation.
- Ability to learn Gulp.
- An understanding of setting up and deploying to hosting environments.
- An understanding of DNS management.
- Digital creative industry experience.
- Confidence to make decisions when armed with clear goals and values.
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of all or some of the following - WordPress, Beanstalk App, Sass, Gulp, Git, GSAP, Figma (you don’t need to be a designer)
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.