Education & Training
£28,000 Per Annum
Vocational Functional Skills Tutor - Lancashire
Salary: Up to £28K + Benefits
Our client is a well-established training provider offering business solutions, commercial courses and Apprenticeship programmes, as a business we are moving with the technology world and the Digital Apprenticeship Market is where we are looking to expand over the next few years. This makes it a really exciting time to join our business and gives the ideal candidate the opportunity to help shape the future of the organisation.
Out Client is seeking to appoint a Functional Skills Tutor to join an established team of maths, English and ICT professionals. Some of the key objectives within this role will involve;
- Planning, delivering and co-ordinating your own training sessions in maths & English
- Contributing to the overall success of Apprenticeships
- Developing students to further enhance their career objectives
- Understand and coordinate the funding of the programme your delivering
This role will involve creating engaging delivery content whilst making maths and English come alive. Through working with the dedicated team, they welcome new ideas and content to further enhance the learning experience, whilst also developing the already successful teaching sessions.
Our client are looking for a tutor who can inspire, understand and motivate whilst also taking accountability for all they do.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- An excellent understanding of your programme and accountability will be crucial to further developing your role. Possession of a teaching qualification is advantageous although full training can be provided to the right candidate.
- You will be required to hold an appropriate maths or English qualification in order to be considered and have previous teaching experience.
- You will be required to deliver both theoretical and practical based lessons in a classroom or workshop environment.
- In addition to teaching face to face, you will also complete reviews and assessment of learners to help them achieve their qualification in a timely manner
- Previous experience of either teaching or assessing, however this is not essential as full training can be provided.
- Pro-active self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and prioritise your own workload.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to establish good working relationships with customers and colleagues.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.