IT & Internet
UI / 2D Artist - Warwick
Salary: Competitive + benefits. Negotiable and is based upon your experiences and work background
our client is an independent company that is passionately dedicated to making innovative, world-class games that surprise, entertain and delight players. Located in Warwick, the company situated in the strongest game development community in the UK and have produced over 100 games across all formats, contributing to some of the biggest brands in gaming, including; Harry Potter, The Sims, Sim City, Spore, Sid Meier’s Pirates, EA Sports PGA Golf,and Dave Mirra BMX to name a few.
Over 40 mobile games have been released, achieving over 100 million downloads, and several #1 ‘All Apps’ hits on the App Store, Google Play and Amazon Appstore, in multiple territories
Our client is looking for talented UI artists to join their team. Your role will be vital to the look, feel and success of any game. You will be responsible for all in game HUD and UI assets. You will have to be versatile on a day to day basis, tackling a variety of tasks. Open to both graduate and more experienced, senior individuals as you will work with knowledgeable, well-practised teams and have the chance to progress, learn and even oversee the team.
- Create awesome 2D UI assets – HUD, game screens, icon iterations, illustrations, campaign assets, web, feature artwork etc.
- Use Unity to build your assets in game
- Add tasty animations to bring your work to life
- Work tightly with design and programming on UX flows
- Trouble shoot, solve your problems, and respond well to creative feedback
- Are pro-active, you can work well from either home or office
- A polished and varied portfolio
- At least 1-2 years’ experience at a mobile studio
- Able to produce numerous visuals styles
- Strong understanding of Unity UI and animation systems
- Proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, Creative Suite, Spine and prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe XD etc.
- Have a solid interest in games design
- Understand free-to-play gaming and its core KPI’s
- Eager to learn and a become better artist
Although a degree in a Graphic Design or illustration is desirable, it’s not essential.
- Based in client’s studio in Warwick or remote home working
- Permanent, 30+ hours
Be sure to include any relevant portfolio examples/links
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.