Transport & Logistics
£12 to £13 Per Hour
Stratford upon Avon
Transport Operations Controller – Stratford upon Avon
Salary: £12 - £13 per hour
Our client is looking to recruit a Transport Operations Controller to start with them immediately. This will be a varied role organising the transport operations at their main hub in Stratford upon Avon.
The role will require a 6am start and some weekend work. If the temporary position works out this role could be made permanent.
- Daily control of drivers ensuring that collections and deliveries are carried out on time.
- Arranging replacement drivers for driver sickness, no show and extra work.
- Keeping up to date with notes on jobs and making necessary changes to loads, truck and driver allocation.
- Liaising with drivers and customers reporting and resolving issues throughout the day.
- Reporting and following up vehicle faults and breakdowns as a result of daily defect checks.
- Control of fuel cards
- External stock transportation management
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- CPC qualified
- Willing to work early mornings and some weekends.
- Efficient, organised and works well to tight schedules.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.