Education & Training
£23,000 Per Annum
Trainer/Assessor - Early Years - Birmingham
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Our client is a provider of high-quality learner and industry focused apprenticeships whose mission is to support employers in the identification, recruitment and training of apprentices and assisting motivated young people to find meaningful employment. They are looking to appoint a passionate, dynamic and vibrant Trainer/Assessor (Early Years) in Birmingham
You will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality training and assessments in an agreed time scale to nationally recognised standards. You will be responsible for monitoring Apprentice learning and progress throughout the programme and reporting progress in the agreed format meeting agreed reporting deadlines.
- To be responsible for supporting Childcare Apprentices (16 + years old) with achieving their level 2 Early Years Practitioner and Level 3 Early Years Educator qualifications.
- To offer individualised support to all learners with functional skills, in a contextualised manner
- Provide data in line with KPI’s and reporting processes of learner achievements and support required
- Be able to teach and assess across a range of programmes including online courses as appropriate
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with employers and learners that promotes the timely achievement of learner’s qualifications and programmes within the agreed timescale.
- Provide appropriate information, advice, teaching, learning and assessment relevant to the individual
- Work closely with employers, managers, and curriculum/Academy staff where applicable to ensure timely completion and achievement
- Establishing of a safe working environment for any potential learner at an employer site and thereafter carry out regular monitoring of the learner’s workplace that ensures a continued safe learning environment.
- Compliance with ESFA and other authorities with respect to the accurate and full completion of learner start, review and completion paperwork and any policies and procedures associated with teaching, learning and assessment.
- Management of own continual professional development to ensure currency with the area of occupation.
- Plan, manage and organise a caseload of learners.
Skills and Requirements
- Have current experience of working within the childcare / early years sector and qualifications
- Experience of training and delivery in the Early Years sector
- Hold a TAQA IQA qualification or equivalent (desirable) i.e. V1
- Have experience working on a 1-2-1 basis or small groups
- Experience of working to challenging deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Possess excellent IT skills and the ability to quickly learn new systems and e-portfolio platforms.
- To hold (or pass) an Enhanced DBS check
- Experience of delivering training/support to 16-18 year-olds
- Hold a teaching qualification, or willing to work towards
- Hold a TAQA Assessors qualification or equivalent i.e. A1/D32/D33
- Level 2 IAG qualification
- A strong understanding of functional skills, specifically legacy English and Maths
- Knowledge of the FE sector and funded programs
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.