£13 to £16.50 Per Hour
TIG Welder – Bristol
Salary – £13 - £16.50 per hour + Pension + Bonus + Overtime + 26 Days Holidays + Flexible working + Onsite Parking + Sick pay
Our client is a well-established Bristol-based manufacturing company which produces high quality, sheet metal & precision engineered products for the Defence, Aerospace and other high technology industries, they are a small company employing approx. 21 staff.
The TIG Welder will work in the Welding and Fabrication area as part of a small team, they will help to ensure that high quality welded and fabricated sheet metal parts are produced in accordance with customer, national and international standards/specifications, it is a requirement that regular welder testing is performed to ensure that the welded joint meets the acceptance criteria of the relevant standard.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Read & interpret engineering drawings & associated specifications
- TIG welding of sheet metal and machined parts in a range of materials which include Aluminium Alloy, St.Steel, Inconel and Mild Steel.
- Cleaning and dressing of welds to a high standard.
- General hand fitting / bench work, working with jigs & fixtures.
- Working with the Quality Department to create weld data cards / WPS to ensure customer and regulatory requirments are met.
- To attend training courses as required to meet company objectives and customer requirements, this includes their commitment to continual improvement of the company and their employees.
- Liaising with the Engineering Manager and the Production Planner to ensure work going through the department and is produced in a timely and efficient manner to meet both customer & company targets.
- Working in other areas of the company when required to ensure customer and company expectations are achieved.
The ideal person will have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of TIG Welding sheet metal parts in Aluminium Alloy, St.Steel, Inconel and Mild Steel.
- Experience of other welding and joining techniques including MIG welding and Brazing.
- A working knowledge of sheet metal manufacturing techniques, including products with fine tolerances (Typically +/- 0.25 mm).
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings.
- Ability to check own work prior to independent inspection
- Ability to re-set parts / remove distortion after welding or heat-treatment.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week between the following times; Mon to Thurs = 7.15 to 16.00, Fri = 7.15 to 12.00.
Full-Time Position, overtime may be required as the job demands, any additional hours will be paid at the following rates; 1.33 x hourly rate for first 4 hours, 1.5 x hourly rate for any overtime worked after the first 4 hours.
Holidays: 26 days holiday pay + statutory days (pro-rata based on a 37.5 hour working week).
Bonus: Sales Bonus which ranges between £15 to £50 per week depending on company performance (eligible after probationary period)
Probationary Period: 3 Months
- Flexible Working
- On-site parking
- Company Stakeholder Pension
- Sick Pay (after qualifying period)
The company are offering remote & in-house interviews and all government guidelines are followed.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.