Arts, Graphic Design & New Media
£27,000 to £32,000 Per Annum
Preston & Remote
Location: Preston & Remote
Our client is a long-established manufacturer of fabulous interior textiles based in Preston, UK. They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Textiles Designer to join the team on a maternity cover contract where you will be able to develop with a fast paced and growing business.
The role will be focused on creating and developing residential fabrics collections to launch into the UK & Export markets. The maternity cover contract will be offered with flexible working with a minimum of 2 days a week at the head office in Preston.
- Design and development of fabric collections from initial concept through to sampling and production.
- Liaising with suppliers to brief out new developments to target price points
- Formulating and contributing towards the studio trends for new season development
- Colouring collections in line with market/trend research
- Presenting new collection ideas to the Design Manager and Commercial Manager
- Researching the home and fashion market, with the ability to identify commercial product opportunities
- Presentation of collections to internal and external sales teams
- Assisting with the launch of new collections such as photography and sampling layouts
- Attending supplier meetings and trade shows to source new and innovative qualities to bring collections to life
- Liaising with Quality, Marketing teams and the wider studio
- Managing workload in line with the requirements of the critical path
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Have strong skills working with AVA/NED graphics and Adobe suites
- Ability to identify and look for new design & colour trends
- Experience in working with design repeats
- Commercial eye for colouring
- Passion and interest for the soft furnishings market and fashion
- Excellent presentation skills
- 3+ Years’ experience working within the textiles industry or a similar role
- Textile’s knowledge across woven and printed products
- Highly organised with a great attention to detail
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.