IT & Internet
Technology Consultant (Electronics) - Cambridge
Salary: £ Competitive + Bonus & Benefits
Our client is a successful technology consultancy with a history of providing efficient & complex engineering solutions to an International client base. They continuously innovate to push the boundaries of engineering, technology and industry that provides unique solutions for their customers by solving today’s hardest engineering problems in sensing, data collection & communications. Our customers span a wide range of markets including healthcare, internet of things, defence, security and automotive.
- The work itself is extremely varied, from cost sensitive high volume consumer electronics, to high reliability designs in avionics and medical and all points between. Projects can vary from early-stage studies of product concepts and feasibility through to production-ready designs and sometimes manufacturing.
- The career path for technology graduates is to work towards becoming a technology consultant. The ‘consultant’ part of the role means you’ll also need to enjoy communicating with customers or potential customers. This might involve providing regular progress updates to a customer or working closely with their own team.
- In the consultant role you will also support our sales team in selling our capabilities (including yourself!) to potential customers. In short, this is not just a backroom role, but an opportunity to build your technical skills for a career in a technology research and development consultancy.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Graduates with skills in electronics and software to join the team. We will provide you with the training and experience to develop your technical skills so that they can be applied to challenging projects with tight deadlines.
- Candidates with or expecting a first- or upper second-class degree in electronic engineering, software engineering, physics, or an associated subject.
- Smart, have good written English skills and a passion for technology
- Based on your degree and preferences, we will develop your skills for expertise in our core areas of analogue electronics design, digital electronics design and VHDL, embedded software, database and server software, RF design and signal processing.
- Candidates who can show evidence of their interest in technology through hobbies and/or work experience will have an advantage.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.