IT & Internet
£22,000 Per Annum
Technical Support Advisor – Remote / Working from Home
Salary: up to £22,000 + benefits
Our client is not like other broadband providers and they don’t really want to be. They’re currently on a mission to ensure rural villages in the East of England can access full-fibre broadband, that’s future-ready. Unlike many other broadband service providers, they work with the community to build full-fibre broadband networks, which they fund through private investment. They then provide a new, future ready, Hyper fast service to homes and businesses within the village.
They are now looking for a Technical Support Advisor to join their team working remotely.
About the role
Our client is looking for a Technical Support Advisor to support their growth toward becoming the leading broadband network and services provider in the area.
Reporting to the Technical Support Supervisor, their Technical Support Advisors will:
- Be engaging, friendly and confident to help us deliver a first-class end user experience for our customers
- Diagnose and resolve reported issues
- Work with senior staff to resolve more complex issues
- Respond to network monitoring alerts
- Help us achieve technical excellence within our network
- Set up and update equipment and network monitoring
- Support with the management and configuration of wired and wireless equipment and services including but not exclusively:
- Network cabling
- Support with the management and configuration of wired and wireless protocols including but not exclusively:
- Respond to enquiries by phone, email and through the support ticket system
- Record all information accurately against the customer and our Company records
- Update and maintain support tickets with all relevant information
- Book appointments for installations, service calls and network maintenance
- Update and maintain the engineering calendar
- Provide ‘on-call’ out of hours support
- Assist with the general office duties as part of our team
- Provide assistance as requested by the Company from time to time
- Other such reasonable duties within the general scope of the job title, at the Customer Service Manager and Technical Support Supervisors discretion
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Level 3 Qualification in IT/Networking (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in IT technical support, customer service and VoIP
- Experience in troubleshooting and diagnosing IT and network issues
- Experience in 2nd line technical support (desirable)
- Knowledge of access point setup, router setup and network configuration
As this is a working from home opportunity it’s important that you are able to accommodate home working, this includes suitable space to work from and an internet connection which will support it (minimum download speed of 10Mbps).
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to take the next step in their career as well as develop with the company as we continue to grow. You’ll be joining a highly regarded team of experts that are dedicated to making every project a great success. You’ll get a package including a competitive salary, excellent working conditions, and additional benefits.
- up to £22,000 + benefits
- The opportunity to work with a diverse team of professionals
- Full study support is available
- The chance to work for a growing organisation
- Remote / working from home
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.