Technical Manager - Wolverhampton
My client has been in business for over 69 years and has become a worldwide market leader in the field of door and window hardware. In addition to handles and other furniture manufactured in their facilities in Europe, my client is able to offer a comprehensive range of architectural hardware under their own brand name. For many years, their brand products have been an important part of the UK turnover.
My client is looking for a Technical Manager to join their tram and help expand their range of products.
Reporting to the Product Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- their brand product master data
- providing training and technical support to colleagues, suppliers and customers,
- the development of their global range in cooperation with the Product Manager.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- GAI level trained (level 3), preferably REG AI
- Technical manager experience within architectural ironmongery and or construction hardware sectors. Experience as a specifying architectural ironmonger would be considered
- Good understanding of the harmonised standards, testing and certification processes
- Good organisation and house keeping
- Experience in setting up new products into CRP/ERP systems (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics AX)
- Experience from manufacturing background would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX, MS Project advantageous
- The role would be based in Wolverhampton, but the candidate should be prepared to conduct site visits (within UK & Ireland).
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.