Technical Manager – Northwich, Cheshire
Our client is a leading developer and manufacturer of environmental monitoring instrumentation and brake testing and vehicle compliance testing equipment. Their products are used by police forces, local authorities and other agencies in the UK and around the world. They are always on hand to help, and ensure their customers are getting the most out of their Turnkey instruments and software.
They have an opportunity for a Technical Manager role to support existing products and help to create new ones.
Most of your time will be spent “hands-on” designing but you must also be able to provide support and leadership to a small technical team.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- You are a multidisciplinary, dexterous polymath
- You are probably a postdoc physicist or electronic engineer.
- You are good at making things and can also lead a small design and support team.
- You must have the confidence to be able to work in the fields of sound and vibration measurement, aerosol science, optics, gas detection, and vehicle dynamics.
- It is essential that you are good at, or at least have knowledge of the following:
- Digital and Analogue circuit design
- PCB layout
- Solid Edge CAD
- 3D printing
- Various microprocessors and development systems,
- Assembler C, C++, MicroPython, etc., etc
- Strong Leader with great analytical skills.
- Pro-active self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and prioritise your own workload.
- The ability to take ownership and use initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to establish good working relationships with customers and colleagues.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.