£30,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Technical Author - UK Remote Working
Salary: £30k - £40k (flexibility for the right candidate) + Pension + Flexible Working Hours + Family Events Perkbox + Childcare Vouchers + cycle to work scheme + Career Progression
Our client is a leading supplier of Technical Authoring,Training, Inventory Optimisation, Obsolescence Management, NATO Codification, and Integrated Logistic Support services to government, industry and commercial clients throughout UK and Europe. providing a unique mix of capabilities which make them a provider of choice to many organisations.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Technical Author to join the growing Technical Publications Department which produces and updates technical documentation for a variety of military systems and equipment.
Primarily working from home, with occasional visits to the company office (Stonehouse) or customer’s sites, working as a part of the Technical Publications Department you will be responsible for the creation and update of technical publications in accordance with standards and specifications relevant to customer requirements.
- An experienced technical author with a mechanical/electrical engineering background with at least one years’ technical authoring experience within Defence or Engineering sectors.
- An excellent knowledge of ASD S1000D and associated tools.
- Good working knowledge of CSDBs.
- Ability to work as an effective team member and manage small teams where appropriate.
- Capability to evaluate and appraise source technical information.
- Experience of the production of technical information in accordance with standards and specifications relevant to the project or customer requirements.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel etc.
- Experience of liaising with customers and information suppliers as appropriate.
- Drive and enthusiasm to achieve customer quality criteria.
- Knowledge of Eagle EPS
- Current SC clearance
This is an exciting opportunity to join the company with good career progression as they continue on an impressive growth path.
Our client's customers demand confidentiality and discretion. You will require the right to work in the UK. The successful candidate will also need to be cleared to SC level security clearance.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulation 2003.