Tax Senior - Tamworth
Salary: Competitive Depending on experience
Our Client is a Top 15 firm of chartered accountants who specialise in advising and supporting business owners. They support over 35,000 companies and business owners around the UK, which gives our clients access to a huge amount of business expertise and knowledge. Their fresh thinking and practical business approach underpin their values.
Tax senior- You will undertake tax compliance and administrative work.
- Preparation and submission of tax returns and computations, covering Self-Assessment Tax Returns (personal and partnership) and Corporation Tax Returns (including iXBRL tagging).
- Filing of returns.
- Maintenance of registers and monitoring of deadlines.
- Advising clients on tax liabilities in a timely manner.
- Assisting in preparing P11Ds.
- Providing support on planning projects and researching technical issues on advisory work.
- Responding to client queries.
- Liaising with HMRC.
- Admin and other ad hoc tasks as required by the Managing Director.
- Professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealings with clients and other professionals.
- Working knowledge of the systems and processes needed to do
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- ATT qualified or desire to commence their ATT studies.
- Previous personal tax experience gained in a practice environment is desirable.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Efficient and organised approach to work.
- Good IT skills and a working knowledge of Ms Excel. Proficiency in the use of IRIS is desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has a friendly, positive can-do attitude.
- Seeks direction from others when appropriate, achieves objectives, copes well with demanding situations and shows genuine interest.
- Manages own workload and is proactive if help or support is needed.
- Adopts calm and assured approach, makes time for people, shares knowledge.
- Being able to juggle a number of jobs, whilst demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines and expectations are met.
- Takes pride in all aspects of work
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.