Bury St Edmunds
Tax Assistant Manager, Bury St Edmunds
Salary: Competitive Salary plus annual paid volunteering day and Life assurance scheme
Our client is a firm of Chartered Accountants and Financial Planners with 8 offices across Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire. They are among the top 50 firms and the oldest practice retaining its original name having been formed in 1858.
The role is to work with partners and managers to identify opportunities.
As Tax Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for planning and performing tax consultancy assignments and expected to:
- Act as a first point of contact with clients to resolve queries;
- Delegate appropriate work to more junior team members;
- Presents solutions to increasingly complex technical issues
Essential Skills & Requirements:
Excellent communicator, you are CTA Qualified or have equivalent experience of working in a tax environment. To be successful in this post, you are required to:
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse potential solutions and make recommendations;
- Demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant areas of work.
In addition to the above, we expect you to have:
- Practical experience with OMB tax issues to include income tax, corporation tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax;
- Experience using Sage and Microsoft Excel as well as other Microsoft applications and accounting software;
- The ability to think clearly, quickly and identify multiple solutions;
- Demonstrate a "can do" approach to problem solving.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.