IT & Internet
£30,000 Per Annum
Systems Administrator – IT Technology Consultancy
Circa £30K pa & excellent benefits plus discretionary bonus and on-going training
We are working on behalf of an expanding Technology Consultancy based in Surrey who are looking to take on a Systems Administrator to be responsible for maintaining and upgrading a range of technologies utilised by the organisation. This will include maintaining services and responding to support requests, as well as the development of new systems and services.
They provide business and technical consultancy services to a wide range of mainly public sector organisations; such as the Home Office, Ministry of Defence, HM Treasury, Ministry of Justice, Police, Fire Services and the NHS; as well as a range of national and international companies across the private sector.
You will be working as part of the IT Team, with responsibilities including:
- Maintenance of company information systems
- Acting as 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line Support escalating support requests if required
- Liaising with IT suppliers when on site undertaking work
- Attending relevant IT meetings and providing updates
- Carrying out monitoring of systems to ensure system health and security
- Maintenance of Firewall and gateway security policies
- Responding to security alerts and liaising with System Security Officer on any incidents
- Carrying out development work of new Information Services: build, test and roll-out to live
You will ideally have Computer Science or IT based degree and a few years commercial experience within system administration in a predominantly Microsoft based environment. You will be proactive, self-motivated, and be able to keep up with the rapid pace of ICT. You will be expected to identify areas for expansion of the current IT services to provide additional benefits to the company.
- Proficient in Active Directory
- Managing Virtualised Infrastructure
- Securing Information Systems
- Experience of following IT Security Policy
- Principles of Networking (DNS/DHCP/Layer 3 Firewalls/Routing)
- Principles of IP Telephony & Teams
- Ability to learn and test new technologies and integrate with existing systems
- Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Linux management (Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04)
- Scripting of tasks through Windows PowerShell
- Cisco firewall management (ASDM or CLI)
- VPN configuration and management
- Microsoft Group Policy
- Endpoint Management Technologies
- Security Incident handling
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.
More specific details available on application.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.