£30,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Surveyor/Senior Surveyor - Crawley
Salary: £30K - £40K with £350pcm car allowance
Benefits: 22 days holiday which increases plus bank holidays, private medical insurance, pension scheme at 4-7%, employee assistance programme, hybrid working, company events, employee forum, life insurance and long service awards.
Our client is a well-known firm of national property advisors. They are well known for their expertise in office, industrial and retail property, which is also supported by their specialists in investment, town planning, development, healthcare and medical, roadside, charities, LPA receivership, airports, leisure and leasehold reform. They have been providing advice for over 100 years and now have the exciting opportunity for a Surveyor/Senior Surveyor to join their team.
The role of the chartered surveyor/senior surveyor will be undertaking Landlord and tenant work mainly dealing with lease events such as rent reviews, lease renewals, assignments and surrenders etc. Also rating including appeal work on diverse property portfolios and the ability to provide clear rating advice to ratepayers. This is a target fee income role. You will be line responsible for two graduates who will accompany you on site visits and assist with preparation of reports, advice (under your supervision.
- Client management for both existing clients and potential clients are provided with a professional and knowledgeable service in connection with the work of the department. Clients should be updated regularly on the process of their reports/cases.
- Responsible for fee and cost management quoting for work and ensuring that all fees and other costs are monitored and processed in a timely way so that income and profit targets are met. As a fee earner to prepare invoices and to liaise with clients and accounts teams to ensure bad debts are kept to a minimum.
- Professional and personal development to identify and address the relevant department requirements for the job; and ensuring that the appropriate skills and technical knowledge are evident
- Compliance and administration to maintain all the relevant professional and in house procedures and standards, so ensuring good practice and consistency for the department and company Is achieved. Annual QA audits are undertaken by a 3rd party firm where files are chosen at random to ensure procedures are adhered to
- Support and encourage colleagues
- To keep advised of progress to clients and to advise and take instructions
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent presentation, organising and communication skills
- At least 2 years MRICS with relevant experience
- Knowledge of professional matters and potential new markets appropriate to the region/service line
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake rental valuations for lease advisory and business rates purposes
- Knowledge of current legislation that affects building, development, marketing and letting of commercial space
- Negotiating experience
- Ability to generate new clients and jobs
- Relevant commercial market experience
- Report/letter writing with persuasive skills in both personal and communication methods
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office packages as well as Qube and sage, in house programmes and overall IT literate
- Willing and able to travel to property portfolio essential
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.