IT & Internet
£30,000 to £60,000 Per Annum
Support Developer - Reading
Salary: £35k - £60k + Flexible working hours + Pension + Gym Membership
Our client are leading .NET web development agency, and a Microsoft Gold Partner who specialise in creating Websites, Mobile Apps and Bespoke Business Software Solutions.They have a fantastic track record, and a fine selection of clients. For many years there success has been the springboard for their strong growth and progression, and they recognise that there staff are the main contributors towards that success.
So if you are ready to take on a role with real responsibility, working as part of a tight-knit team where your efforts are fully recognised and appreciated, we want to hear from you!
- In the role of Support Developer, you will work as part of a dedicated support team and be responsible supporting and maintaining existing software and websites that have been developed by the company.
- The development part of the role will focus on investigating and fixing issues, making small functional changes and working on small scale projects.
The support part of the role will involve:-
- Assisting the support co-ordinator with the triage of support tickets.
- Working on tickets and collaborating with colleagues to find elegant solutions.
- Updating / liaising with clients whilst working on their tickets.
- Adhering and contributing to best practise and process development within the support team.
The work is varied and fast-paced and will suit someone who thrives on smaller tasks rather than long term projects. You will be comfortable with managing your own workload as well as contributing to the team as an adaptable, fast learner with attention to detail who loves to embrace new technology.
- Experienced at website and software development within a Microsoft .NET environment using ASP.NET, MVC and C# (2 years commercial experience).
- Microsoft SQL Server (2 years commercial experience).
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Working under pressure and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Application development or application support experience in an agile / continuous delivery environment.
- Good understanding of distributed source control systems, preferably Git / Microsoft DevOps.
- Excellent written and verbal
- Communication skills.
- You will be dealing with non-technical clients, so it is important that you convey technical issues in a manner suitable for the audience.
- Experience with Sitecore Experience Platform, Umbraco CMS or Episerver.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure (IaaS and PaaS). AWS also desirable.
In return for your hard work and commitment to the company, our client offer some brilliant benefits:
- Great Salary (negotiable subject to experience)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Strong Pension Scheme
- Optional Gym Membership
- …as well as lots of other unwritten perks
You will be looking to work in a dynamic environment and take pride in contributing to a team culture in which every member of the team is doing their best work and delivering high-quality.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.