Our client are consulting engineers, they are a private limited company with over 40 years' experience, where all the directors are practising engineers. They operate from 6 offices strategically placed around the country, which enables them to provide local staff regardless of project location. Their multidisciplinary approach allows the right skillset coupled with appropriate experience, to efficiently service their client's needs.
To produce detailed designs for structural engineering projects within agreed resource, budgetary and time constraints. This is a career position within a dynamic and skilled team, progression is assured for the right candidate.
• Prepare structural calculations, specifications, reports and general correspondence.
• Produce construction drawings using CAD.
• Brief and supervise CAD Technicians.
• Liaise - communicate with external professionals and clients.
• Site inspections - surveys
Essential Skills - Requirements
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience and a degree in an appropriate 'built environment' discipline and working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institution of Structural Engineers, or similar learned society/professional body. Applicants with HND/C or significant relevant experience are also welcomed.
• Ability to design in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber.
• Understanding of soil mechanics and familiarity with the Site Investigation process, with particular reference to foundation design.
• A good working knowledge of the following software;• Fastrak Building Designer
• CSC Structural Office
• RCC Spread Sheets
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
• Act professionally in the interests of the company.
Training, Career Development - Benefits
• You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
• You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the 'Continuing Professional Development' requirements
• You will be encouraged to advance within the team and company hierarchy.
• Full Benefits package includes life Insurance, pension, private medical, health cash plan, employee assistance programme, staff discounts
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies - Employment BusinessesRegulations 2003.