£28,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Our client are consulting engineers, they are a private limited company with over 40 years’ experience, where all the directors are practising engineers. They operate from 6 offices strategically placed around the country, which enables them to provide local staff regardless of project location. Their multidisciplinary approach allows the right skillset coupled with appropriate experience, to efficiently service their client’s needs.
We are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join the team in the Chesham office. The ideal candidate will have approx. 3-5 years’ experience as an engineer with the ability to work well in a team and able to take control of their own work which will be mainly within the residential sector.
The company offers excellent training and career progression.
- Prepare structural calculations, specifications, reports and general correspondence.
- Brief and supervise CAD Technicians.
- Liaise & communicate with external professionals and clients.
- Site inspections/surveys.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- 3-5 years’ experience in the design of UK residential/commercial/industrial/ building structures from an engineering consultancy.
- Ability to design in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber.
- Understanding of soil mechanics and familiarity with the Site Investigation process, with particular reference to foundation design.
- Experience in using proprietary frame analysis software such as SCIA, CADS, etc.
- Good degree in an appropriate ‘built environment’ discipline.
- Working towards MICE, MIStructE or similar.
- Undertake appropriate CPD.
- Progress to senior levels within the practice.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.