Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
Speech and Language Therapist
Location: Begbroke, Oxfordshire
Salary: Very Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, Monday - Friday
Our client is a specialist school dedicated to young people aged 11-19 with autism. Their structured educational approach nurtures independence, confidence, and vital life skills for future success.
They are seeking a dedicated Speech and Language Therapist to join their team, reporting to the Head of School. This role involves delivering high-quality speech and language therapy services in line with HCPC and RCSLT standards.
- Perform baseline assessments and contribute to EHCP reviews, including report writing and documentation.
- Attend annual review meetings and parents' evenings as requested by the Therapy Manager.
- Develop a therapy timetable balancing academic and therapy needs.
- Provide therapeutic interventions in line with EHCP requirements.
- Set targets, plan sessions, track progress, and maintain records according to HCPC standards.
- Report progress on targets termly.
- Create written programs to be delivered by staff, evaluated termly, and include communication skill targets.
- Offer written strategies for staff and parents to support specific needs.
- Provide regular training to school staff, including new staff induction.
- Advise on environmental factors affecting curriculum access and progress.
- Provide caseload data to the Head of School promptly.
- Supervise clinical placements for therapy students and volunteers.
- Maintain professional competence as per RCSLT and HCPC recommendations.
- Identify and report any issues hindering service delivery.
- At least 1 year post-qualification experience (PQE)
- Specific experience with individuals on the autism spectrum.
- Experience in educational and residential settings.
- Degree or diploma recognised by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- Registration with the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- HCPC registration.
- Knowledge of autism spectrum interventions.
- Adherence to clinical standards and guidelines.
- Participation in supervision, competency development, and CPD activities.
- Ability to consider various factors in assessment planning.
- Interpretation of assessment results for functional interpretation.
- Development of practical and relevant targets and interventions.
- Use of evidence-based practice and outcome measurement tools.
- Caseload management within professional boundaries.
- Accurate clinical case record keeping.
- Equal opportunities policy adherence.
- Knowledge of relevant procedures, including safeguarding, SEN, and data protection.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.