London, Leeds, Newcastle,
Solicitor – Information Law – Health, Care & Projects
London, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol
Salary: Excellent package commensurate with experience + benefits
Our client is a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. They have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami.
They are now on the lookout for a suitability qualified and experienced Solicitor – Information Law – Health, Care & Projects to join them in their London, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol offices
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Handling data breach claims, including associated ICO complaints and notifications
- Reviewing and amending contractual documents to ensure compliance with data protection legislation
- Advising on the risks and legal requirements of data sharing frameworks within the health sector, including advising on data protection impact assessments
- Advising on regulatory due diligence projects (with a focus on data compliance)
- Advising health bodies on disclosure requests from organisations such as the police and the GMC
- Handling FOI and EIRs requests, complaints to the ICO and First-Tier Tribunal appeals
- Assisting on public law litigation, such as judicial reviews
- General advice on information governance matters for a range of health and social care clients
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge, relevant experience or a keen interest in the Health and Public Sectors is ESSENTIAL.
- Experience in information governance law and/or public law, and civil litigation would be an advantage.
- This is an opportunity for someone looking to join a successful and expanding commercial team in an exciting and developing sector, within a firm with a great
- reputation in the Health and Public sectors nationwide.
- This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the legal implications of high profile issues in the Health and Public sector at the moment.
- excellent packagecommensurate with experience + benefits
- a generous range of benefits,
- The opportunity to further your career within a growing business
- Flexible working
If you are a suitably qualified and experienced Solicitor – Information Law – Health, Care & Projects and ready for your next challenge in a growing organisation with lots of opportunity to progress, we would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.