IT & Internet
£28,000 to £34,000 Per Annum
Remote in the UK
Software Engineer (PHP) - UK Remote Working
Salary - £28K - £34K + Pension + Medical Benefits + Generous Holidays + Professional Development + Flexible Working Hours
Full or Part-time hours
Our client is a leading international provider of scientific and consultancy services, regulatory advice and training to industry in sustainability, chemicals management and risk assessment. They help ensure companies are compliant and the regulations affecting their supply chains and product portfolios. Their headquartered in the UK, with offices and representation across the globe. They offer a broad range of services that have developed from the roots in chemicals regulatory management and product stewardship. From hazard communications, scientific analysis and Green Chemistry to software development, risk/hazard assessments and quality management systems.
- To support the continued growth of the business, they are looking to secure the services of a PHP Software Engineer for the further development of our clients SaaS platform and the ongoing expansion and management of the client-driven customised web applications.
- Your job as a software engineer will involve working with the development team to implement updates to existing applications and developing entirely new applications from specification to final deployment. You will be working in a fast-paced, energetic but supportive and friendly environment with potential for shaping the future of their software
- The company try to have a minimum of two people per project, although you may sometimes work on projects on your own. They share best practices across the team and gain consensus for common approaches without forcing projects to be developed in a restrictive way.
- Our clients’ products are typically deployed on Linux servers but they are OS agnostic for your personal work environment you can develop locally on Windows or Mac.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Working on new and existing applications, understanding customer expectations and translating them into software
- Liaising with the wider team to develop specifications for new applications and make improvements to existing applications
- Working with other members of the development team, you’ll be helping to plan the next iterations of the applications, contributing to their work on turning new ideas and specifications into database structures, software functionality, and intuitive interfaces
- Providing support to new and existing customers and helping resolve any software issues that occur
Essential Skills & requirements:
- Experience with and excellent knowledge of PHP (OOP, MVC, PHP7)
- Comfortable with command line tooling (composer, git, npm, etc.)
- Good knowledge of MySQL and/or MariaDB
- Fluent English with superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and improve your development skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Experience of a PHP framework, especially CakePHP
- An understanding of version control systems (ideally Git), project lifecycle and Continuous Integration
- Experience of test driven development
- Participation in code reviews and providing feedback on work
- Experience of building full stack web applications, front to back
- A general understanding of Linux shell
- Experience of administering web servers
- A few years of work experience in a team working on multiple projects
They are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or age.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.