IT & Internet
Software Engineer – Northwich, Cheshire
Our client is a leading developer and manufacturer of environmental monitoring instrumentation and brake testing and vehicle compliance testing equipment. Their products are used by police forces, local authorities and other agencies in the UK and around the world. They are always on hand to help, and ensure their customers are getting the most out of their Turnkey instruments and software.
- They have an opportunity for a software development engineer with at least 5 years of commercial experience in web & mobile application development to work within a small, cross-functional team.
- You will be required to maintain/improve the existing web applications and develop new services to support the system.
- Cross-platform (Android + iOS) mobile application development (Flutter or React Native or Ionic etc.)
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- A strong understanding of software development best practices.
- A solid knowledge of OOP language (preferably Java).
- Knowledge of Java micro-service frameworks, such as Spring Boot.
- Experience designing and building REST APIs.
- Demonstrable knowledge of relational database (MySQL).
- Expertise in building both internal and consumer-facing APIs.
- Knowledge of AWS (EC2, S3, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.)
- Knowledge of cross-platform mobile application development.
- Arduino IDE, Android Studio, Git, GitHub.
- Being part of this environment means having the chance to work with latest technologies including Internet of Things, big data, and cloud computing. In future, you will also have an opportunity to work on machine learning algorithms.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.