IT & Internet
£40,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Software Development Engineer (Test Automation, Software, Control System, DACS & Hardware)
Salary: £40k - £45k + Excellent Benefits
Full - Time, Permanent, Monday - Friday
Our client is an established leader in the automotive industry, known for creating advanced testing equipment and facilities that drive innovation in manufacturing cutting-edge propulsion systems.
As an Application Software Development Engineer, you will design a customised automation and control process for the application using company’s software and DACS (Data Acquisition and Control System) based on customer-supplied requirements and specifications.
- Creating C# control software by harnessing the company’s powerful software APIs to execute the solution.
- Integrate 3rd party equipment using company’s software and C#.
- Create automation sequences and test procedures.
- Customise system functionality as per customer requirements.
- Conduct site visits for installation, testing, and documentation, both nationally and globally.
- Modify electrical systems to suit applications.
- Collaborate with commissioning engineers and project managers to obtain customer sign-off.
- Undertake independent projects based on future requirements and tool enhancements.
- Provide information to the sales department for quotations.
- Manage source code using SourceTree, BitBucket, and Jira.
- Previously worked as an Application Software Development Engineer or in a similar role.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in hardware-based automation.
- Possess combined electrical and mechanical/mechatronics/control engineering degree.
- Skilled in C#, Visual Studio, PC and PLC control systems
- Engineering knowledge of control and automation systems, ideally with a degree in mechatronics, robotics, automation, or a related field.
- Understanding of various protocols (Ethernet, Serial, Ethercat, CAN, AK protocol) and VB6 / VBA.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and abroad.
- Valid UK driving license and right to work in UK.
- Company pension.
- Life insurance.
- Sick pay.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free parking.
Apply now to seize this outstanding opportunity and become part of a dynamic team.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.