IT & Internet
£30,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Software Developer - Darlington (Home and Office Based)
Salary: £30k - £45k + Excellent Benefits + Flexible working Hours
Our client will provide you with the tools and hardware to work efficiently; they use Microsoft DevOps and Visual Studio 2019 with ReSharper, and regularly review tools that can enhance the development experience.
As a Developer you will be a passionate software engineer with experience developing web- or desktop-based applications. You will contribute to the ongoing design of the companies application architecture as well having a creative input into the look and feel of their applications. The work will be a mixture of improvements to legacy software on the .NET Framework stack, as well as greenfield projects on the .NET Core stack. You will be a keen problem-solver, with the ability to investigate, understand and resolve issues (whether working alone or as part of a team) using strong communication skills and attention to detail.
They believe in continual learning and aim to support ongoing skill development. Friday afternoons are set aside for training, and all developers receive access to Pluralsight. They also send some of their developers to conferences such as NDC London each year. The company recognise how important it is to get into the “coding flow”, so they endeavour to foster a laid back, relaxed atmosphere that will allow you to do your very best work.
Previous Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with C# and .NET programming
- Experience using Azure DevOps and deploying to Azure PaaS/IaaS services.
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development
- An understanding of design patterns and clean code principles
- Able to interpret requirements, and translate these into technical solutions
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary environment and be a good team player
- Meticulous attention to detail, accurate and thorough delivering high quality output to tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work to set timescales
- Passionate about development
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- A degree in computer science or related subject would be an advantage
- Experience with user interfaces.
- Experience and skills in Microsoft Azure
- Experience with distributed version control
- An understanding of Test Driven Design and Agile methodologies
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.