Media & New Media
Bicycle Social Media Executive – Poole, Dorset
Hours: Full time
My Client is an innovative design and manufacturing company that is now the go to brand for top riders and racers, from EF pro cycling to Scott Reading. Due to their continued fast paced growth, they are now looking to recruit a Bicycle Social Media Executive who will report into the Global Bicycle PR & Comms Manager.
The Bicycle Social Media Executive will manage all bicycle social media channels to pilot growth in terms of reach and brand engagement. This also includes analysing and researching social media trends, which includes social media ad revenue and web visitor data, to enhance social media, brand presence and campaign efficacy. You will work with various departments internally to promote overall brand which includes YouTube for day-to-day management and development of their channels.
The ideal candidate will be a social advocate with a passion for cycling or anything that has wheels. The team are sports and welcome players, not afraid to get their hands dirty. They are looking for a brand linguist to deliver our particular tone of voice every day of the week. You will be super organised, ability to create order in a high paced environment where you always need to be one step ahead. Not afraid to bring ideas to the table engaging communities and building on these approaches.
- Create and schedule social media posts
- Contribute to the overall marketing strategy to help drive website traffic and increase conversions, particularly with company blogs
- Plan and implement content for social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Strava, Twitter and YouTube
- Monitor competitor social activity
- Keep up to date with social media trends and provide recommendations for improvement
- Manage all bicycle social Media / YouTube channels
- Develop and deliver content strategy for YouTube
- Deliver the brand Tone of Voice across all owned channels
- Write clear, concise design and creative briefs
- Contribute to the content strategy
- Provide monthly KPI report for key stakeholders across the organisation
- Activate global events through social channels
- Provide long term planning and scheduling aligned to the bicycle marketing plan
- Liaise with external agencies, brand partners and distributors/retailers on social activation topics
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Degree-level educated
- Good Knowledge and understanding of the bicycle industries on a global basis
- Demonstrable understanding of emerging shape of social media
- Proven Experience of developing and implementing effective social campaigns
- A positive ‘glass half full’ outlook
- Highly organised and structured approach
- Team orientation
- Proven budget management
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced growth environment
- Ability to work under pressure
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.