IT & Internet
£55,000 Per Annum
Snr/Lead .Net Developer, Hybrid/Remote working - Manchester
My client a leading provider of legal and handling services to the UK general insurance sector are looking for a Snr/Lead .Net Developer who has excellent working knowledge of databases, web servers and UI/UX design and confidence applying version control such as Git.
- Ideally, you will have experience of Test Driven Development (TDD) and loosely coupled architectures and Microservices experience.
- You will need at least 4 – 5 years’ experience in C# / ASP.NET with experience of CI/CD best practices and ideally, test automation.
What will you be doing?
This is a key position within the IT Development team with responsibility for helping them in their maturity journey with best-practices. You should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, with experience of best practice branching and release strategies.
- You will be passionate about how technology can help deliver business results and has a restless curiosity in emerging technology trends coupled with an innovative flair for developing new concepts. This would also be suitable for someone with aspirations of moving into technical leadership/management role.
- They are looking for someone to lead the development of highly available and highly scalable commercial products following agile development, automated testing and automated release using languages such as C#, .NET, SQL Server, CSS, HTML, iQuery, REST APIs, and tools such as Selenium and JIRA.
- You will need to be able to identify and suggest opportunities for improvements within the development team combined with industry experience in delivering customer facing solutions across mobile / web / desktop platforms - designing and developing clean, secure RESTful APIs when needed. Therefore, you will able to follow best practice software development methodologies and standards to ensure that solutions are high in quality and success is repeatable.
- You will be able to assist with improvement and maintenance of the firm’s databases, including rollouts, upgrades and troubleshoot database problems is important.
- It is vital to ensure that software solutions are fit for purpose, fully regression testable and therefore cost effective, delivered on schedule and to functional and non-functional specifications.
- Also, you may need to undertake essential maintenance tasks and project work outside normal office hours from time to time, as required. Ensuring that technical issues are resolved as soon as possible, provide 3rd line support where necessary and establish good communication channels between HF and their 3rd party suppliers.
- In terms of leading the team, you will need to mentor and support Junior Developers and work with them/involve them in project work so they improve knowledge levels and gain experience of development changes whilst working with the IT Development Manager and team members to analyse and recommend new software/systems to continuously develop HF systems’ functionality in line with IT Strategy and corporate standards.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.