Shift Maintenance Fitter – Fermoy
Salary: Very Competitive
My Client is a leading timber processor in Ireland & UK with a strong growth story. As a leader in the Green Tech industry, they are a growing, dynamic and innovative organisation with ambitious growth plans. They supplie both the Irish and UK markets with products for the construction, pallet wood and fencing industries. They also manufacture timber frame homes and engineered roof trusses for the house building sector. They have over 500 employees with plants in Troon and Edinburgh in the UK, and Longford, Fermoy and Arklow in Ireland. Its people, a commitment to service, and ongoing investment in new technology are core to the business.
Reporting to the site maintenance manager the role of Maintenance Fitter is to provide mechanical support to ensuring that equipment asset performance is maximised. A high maintenance standard is a must as is adherence to safety and regulatory standards. Analyse downtime and implement cycle of continuous improvement to drive plant uptime by focusing on maintenance best practice. Implement preventative maintenance routines from heavy log handling equipment to sophisticated log and board scanners. Provide technical leadership and ownership for site mechanical systems.
Please note this role comes with a set shift pattern, operating on a 4 week cycle which includes a week of night shifts. The average working hours are 39.5hrs per week when viewed over the 4 week cycle.
- Ensure compliance with external law, rules and regulations relevant to the plant and internal safety standards and procedures.
- Develop and implement new standards, work practices and procedures to improve safety standards
As a Maintenance Fitter you will be responsible for:
- Completing plant and equipment fault diagnosis, repair and maintenance to enable the plant to operate safely and efficiently
- First response for all mechanical breakdowns on-site
- Complete process improvements, preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance
Maintenance must be carried out on:
- Motors and gearboxes from fractional horsepower to up to 125kW.
- Chain drives and chains transporting anything from a few boards to several tonnes of logs.
- Hydraulic systems, including servo driven hydraulic systems
- Pneumatic systems
- Mobile plant including log handles and forktrucks
- Boilers and drying kilns, including low pressure hot water systems
- Manufacture or adapt spare parts to include Milling and turning Arc and TIG welding Cutting and burning
- Ensuring equipment is well maintained to ensure maximum uptime by carrying out routine maintenance and inspections.
- Ensuring any spares used are documented so replacements can be sourced
- Supporting a wide range of equipment including for a Sawmill process
- Supporting with plant upgrade and continuous improvement projects.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Likely to be educated to mechanical fitter in the areas of Mechanical Automation and Maintenance, Manufacturing, Toolmaking or similar. Consideration may be given to persons with heavy construction plant and/or mining qualifications
- Additional training in safety related areas such as Safe Pass, Mobile Elevated Work Platforms,
- 5 years’ experience post qualification in a similar role, possibly as a maintenance fitter
- Heavy industry experience and used to working indoors and outdoors year round
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.