Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
£43,000 to £48,000 Per Annum
Service Manager - Axbridge
My client operates many care facilities across the UK, supporting individuals with disabilities to live, learn and work as independently as they choose, whatever their ability.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Service Manager to join a CQC outstanding rated home caring for 36 adults with physical disabilities. The chosen candidate will also directly manage resources to ensure exemplary customer service to people who use my clients services whilst ensuring budgetary compliance.
- To provide leadership, management and clear direction in the delivery of all services within your defined area(s) of responsibility.
- Manage the recruitment, selection and on-going training, development and performance of all staff within your service to ensure achievement of national minimum care standard requirements.
- To monitor and develop the individual and team performance of all members of staff to achieve optimum performance within defined organisational policy requirements.
- To ensure that disciplinary matters, grievances and whistle blowing issues are dealt with promptly and professionally in accordance with organisational procedures.
- To develop and implement service training plans in consultation with the Learning and Development team.
- To implement systems and procedures that monitor, maintain and, where appropriate, challenge and improve standards within your service, ensuring that standards are regularly reviewed to achieve high quality services
- To ensure that complaints and compliments are handled effectively in accordance with organisational policies ensuring prompt and professional actions in order to minimise conflict.
- To develop and involve your team in exploring innovative ways of improving and delivering services to enhance organisational performance and share these ideas as best practice developments.
- To effectively deploy all resources to ensure you achieve my clients vision, mission and values.
- To liaise with all regulatory bodies to ensure their requirements are implemented, monitored and maintained.
- To support the line manager in negotiating with local purchasers to secure appropriate funding.
- To use technology effectively to monitor and understand KPIs, to manage day to day service delivery and to support and enhance your role.
- To work closely with professional colleagues to develop, agree, monitor and effectively manage your service budgets and report on progress.
- To ensure that people using the service receive support in line with agreed plans and expectations.
- To provide safe systems of work within all areas of responsibility in accordance with internal health and safety policies and procedures.
- To comply with any local safeguarding and mental capacity act (MCA) policies and procedures.
- To take appropriate actions following recommendations from health and safety inspections and other internal audit processes.
- To ensure service provision to agreed KPIs.
- To deputise for the line manager as required.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Recognised nursing or social care qualification and registration (as appropriate to the needs of the respective Service).
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification as required for registration with the relevant inspectorate.
- Substantial experience of operating in a supervisory or management capacity in a care environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue training and developing professionally maintain your competence as a manager, including keeping up to date with your knowledge of standards and legislation.
- To be able and willing to travel and stay away overnight if required.
- Strong ‘people’ and communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of financial data with the ability to set and manage budgets, understand and analyse spreadsheets and make effective saving.
- Understanding of employment practice and Health and Safety legislation.
- Clear understanding of and ability to deliver to the regulatory framework and legal environment in which my client works.
- To have highly developed IT skills in standard Microsoft packages.
- Demonstrate partnership working with a variety of stakeholders and have the ability to negotiate with stakeholders.
- Knowledge of marketing and fundraising techniques would be advantageous.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.