IT & Internet
£24,407 Per Annum
Service Desk Support Analyst 1st & 2nd Line
Windows AD, Exchange, Office, Win 7/10,
Location: Cardiff CF3
Salary: £24,407.78 pa DOE Permanent
We currently have an urgent vacancy for a Service Desk Support Analyst on behalf of our client, a National Charity, based in the St Mellons area of Cardiff. Working within an existing team you will be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line support to circa 1200 staff nationally in an ITIL based environment.
They are looking for an individual who is able to offer prior Service Desk (Helpdesk Support) experience in a Microsoft Windows environment providing 1st & 2nd line technical support including application support of bespoke applications (CRM).
They need someone who are able to offer:
- Strong 1st & 2nd line Service Desk experience in a Microsoft Windows environment (MAC desirable)
- Windows Active Directory and Exchange 2016 experience
- Hardware setup, installation, troubleshooting and diagnostic assistance (Computer, Telephone, Laptop, Printer, Scanner)
- Network support, Installation, configuration (LAN, WAN, VPN, etc.) incl. switches, routers and firewalls
- Installation, setup and diagnostics of MS Windows 7/10 & MS Office 2010/2013/2016 Professional
- Desktop and browser security components: including site security certificates, firewalls and anti-virus
- Supporting Voice Over IP telephony solutions, specifically Skype for Business
- IT Service Desk case logging applications (Track-IT) and prior work experience within an ITIL environment preferred
- Ability to multitask across multiple incidents, be organised and have a keen eye for detail
- Experience with Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop and SCCM would be useful but not essential
- Competitive rewards and benefits including pension and life assurance, 25 days annual leave (pro-rata), voluntary benefits such as season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, and the opportunity to play a key role in a national charity providing world-class services.
The hours are 9.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday with occasional rare travel to support local offices and stakeholders throughout the country. This is a high volume environment and you will be dealing with circa 35-40 tickets a day. The right candidate must have the ability to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution while providing excellent service.
Naturally, as the role involves supporting users nationally you will have excellent communications skills, both verbally and written. Due to the nature of the organisation’s public services you must be able to pass UK Security Vetting to SC level or already hold current SC clearance.
Keywords: Service Desk, 2nd Line, 1st Line, Support, Helpdesk, ITIL v3 / v4, Windows Server, AD, Active Directory, Exchange 2016, Windows 7 & 10, Office 2010 2013 2016, Firewall, Antivirus, Anti-Virus, Antispyware, Spyware, Broadband, ADSL, VPN, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Track-IT, Skype for Business, VOIP, Networking, Citrix VDI, Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.