Brighouse or Sheffield
Senior Structural Engineer - Rail
Brighouse or Sheffield
Our client are consulting engineers, they are a private limited company with over 40 years' experience, where all the directors are practising engineers. They operate from 6 offices strategically placed around the country, which enables them to provide local staff regardless of project location. Their multidisciplinary approach allows the right skillset coupled with appropriate experience, to efficiently service their client's needs.
Assist Associates to plan, organise and manage all aspects of Structural / Rail engineering projects within agreed resource, budgetary and time constraints. This is a career position within a dynamic and skilled team, progression is assured for the right candidate. Candidates with previous experience in working on platforms, car parks, small bridges including temporary work on these projects would be ideal.
• Preparation and checking of structural engineering designs and drawings, specifications, reports and general correspondence.
• Liaise - communicate with external professionals and clients.
• Represent at meetings and in writing when required and attend site to undertake surveys and inspections.
• Control the programmed performance of projects.
• Brief and supervise Graduate Engineers.
• Brief and supervise Technicians on the production of drawings.
• Preparation of structural reports on buildings and other structures
Essential Skills - Requirements:
• Ability to design structural members in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber.
• Clear understanding of both UK Building Regulations and Eurocodes.
• Conversant with Network Rail Company Standards and Railway Group Standards preferred but not essential.
• A proven track record in the inspection of, analysis and reporting on structural defects and/or remedial works.
• Excellent communication skills and command of the English Language both written and verbal, particularly with regard to the production of concise accurate and technically correct reports.
• Familiarity with proprietary design software such as Tekla Structural Designer, S-Frame, TEDDS, SCIA and CADS.
• Knowledge of the Site Investigation process.
• Be a Chartered Engineer or Near Chartered Engineer and be a Member of either Institution of Structural Engineers or Institution of Civil Engineers.
• Minimum of 10 years proven experience in structural engineering consultancy based in the UK and working to both Eurocode and UK Standards
• Use of Microsoft Office and other administration software.
• Willingness to work occasional weekend and night shifts for the purpose of surveys and inspections.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage own projects and resources within agreed time scales.
• Ability to manage the workload of graduate engineers and technicians.
• Act professionally in the interests of the business.
• Applicants must hold a full driving licence.
Training, Career Development - Benefits
• You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
• You will be expected to attend in-house and external training courses, seminars, institution events, and generally comply with the 'Continuing Professional Development' requirements
• You will be encouraged to advance within the project team and company hierarchy.
• Full Benefits package includes life Insurance, pension, private medical, health cash plan, employee assistance programme, staff discounts
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies - Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.