Oldham, Burton upon Trent
Senior Structural Engineer – Oldham / Burton upon Trent - Flexible
Salary: Very competitive package commensurate with experience + benefits
Our client has evolved into an international group of companies and one of the leading engineering firms in the UK. The company strives to maintain a family centric culture, building on the strong ethos of its German parent company and manufacturer.
They are now on the lookout for a suitability qualified and experienced Senior Structural Engineer to join their team working flexibly and from offices in Oldham and Burton upon Trent.
You will carry out, but not be limited to, the following duties.
- Calculate the safe use of all products for sale and in the rental fleet.
- Develop the product rules and datasheets to ensure that safe and economic technical information is provided to the design team, complying with current regional technical standards applicable.
- Manage the collation of all the product technical information into company datasheets
- Produce design guides to assist in communicating efficient ways to carry out scheme designs with products and training designers
- Verify calculations and / or testing to prove the products (both standard and specials) structural capabilities and compliance with current regional standards.
- Ensure suitable “fit for use” technical standards are in place for ongoing use of all rental equipment.
- Assist in the development of new products for the group in accordance with the business development & marketing strategy.
- Assist in the delivery of the technical aspects of major projects including taking a lead in the design and verification of specially fabricated components.
- Manage the structural requirements of the product development projects in the office and be able to instruct others on the capabilities and use of these products.
- Develop an understanding of the limitations of the products so as to have capability to re-engineer the products for different uses.
- Be able to optimize solutions based on this knowledge and develop new more efficient next generation solutions.
- Manage the inspection & testing of new products as required.
Skills and experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Civil / Mechanical / Structural degree
- Chartership would be desirable.
- More importantly a demonstration of strong experience and expertise in structural and mechanical calculations.
- Advanced knowledge of Structural frame analysis packages such as Rstab, Finite element analysis such as RFEM. Preferably good knowledge of AutoCad, Revit.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels including non-finance members of staff, and able to multitask and manage multiple priorities.
- Due to the seniority of the role successful candidates should have a minimum of 5 years industry relevant experience with ambition to further develop their career.
Candidates must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Very competitive package commensurate with experience + benefits
- Flexible working
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.