IT & Internet
£50,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
Senior Software Engineer - Cardiff
£50,000 - £65,000 per annum + competitive benefits and pension.
Primary Purpose of Role:
Within this role you will be working in a small and skilled team that will be building and enhancing new Software Products that have a hugely positive medical and social impact. As a Senior Engineer, you will take the lead on projects, designing and implementing solutions to a broad and interesting range of technical challenges. Your inquisitive and innovative nature will see you utilising your expertise to make the existing platform more streamlined, engaging and fun for users.
You will be a creative thinker, with the ability to work alongside and mentor junior Engineers. You’ll be a passionate technologist that is driven to make a difference by creating and building innovative, class leading software products
Your role will involve:
- Designing and implementing solutions to a broad range of technical problems both on your own and with your team.
- Optimising the current software and improving user experience.
- Promoting a collaborative team culture, operating across technical boundaries to be both results driven, and development focussed.
- Supporting wider projects within the Research and Development team.
Your work experience will see you have some of the following in your background:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar Software Engineering role
- Good knowledge of C++ and OOP
- Experience of leading projects
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Willingness to develop graphic skills including OpenGL, and real-time graphics
At the heart of everything, you’ll be someone that has a strong desire to have a positive impact. You’ll be driven by a technical challenge with natural problem solving skills and the ability to see the bigger picture. As the organisation scales over the next 5 years, you’ll be encouraged to grow with them, taking on additional responsibilities with the opportunity to really kick on in your career. Within this role you will be responsible for building software products that have a tangible benefit on people’s lives and you will be encouraged to continually develop your skills.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.