IT & Internet
£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
Swansea , Remote
Senior Software Developer – Swansea (Remote Working)
Salary – £45k - £55k (flexibility for the right candidate) + Flexi Time + Pension + 25 days Hol + Healthcare + Free Eye Test + Gym Membership + Excellent Perks
Our client is a software company that does one thing. They develop software to improve the ability to manage and respond to security events by creating an intuitive, easy to use software integration platform. Whether it’s to protect the customer’s facilities, assets and people or their own, the company mission has always been the same: to provide a common platform connecting different systems.
They have an exciting opportunity for two Senior Developers to join our client's dynamic, growing software team. Their product is not an out of the box solution. Through embracing a DevOps mentality and maintaining customer specific teams, you will be joining a team of developers who have close working relationships with the customer, development, and sales teams in order to successfully deliver a solution.
The goal of their software is to improve operator response times, by prioritising what’s important, while automating many of the time consuming, manual and often inconsistent processes of running a command center. This in turn results in better security outcomes.
Strong leadership and good communication will be key to ensuring the successful delivery of projects to the customers. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to progress your career, develop new skills and learn new technologies as part of a talented software development team, working in a challenging, fast paced and collaborative environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and development of solutions based on provided user stories.
- Meet their development standards
- Contain appropriate automated testing
- Meet acceptance criteria (defined in user story)
- Must be able to break down user stories into technical tasks and deliverables
- Able to provide appropriate timelines for those deliverables
- Able to understand how updates affect existing system
- Able to be understood and implemented by any other developer
- Able to review other developer tasks and advise on best practices
- Must have proactive participation in the DevOps process and team meetings
- Including scheduling feedback sessions
- Work with stakeholders to refine user requirements
- Must be able to produce and understand technical documentation
- Should be able to identify and address where additional support is needed through mentoring staff and improving development processes
- Must be able to assist the organisation in overcoming issues, taking the lead where necessary
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years commercial development experience or equivalent At least 2 years in both:
- A web framework (Vue.js. Angular, jquery, etc)
- Basic DBS Check
Skills They need:
- Azure DevOps/VSTS
- Source Control (GIT/TFS/Other)
Skills They'd love:
- .NET Core
Above & Beyond
- Non-SQL DB
- Part of a dynamic, international software team bringing new products, using the latest technologies to the market
- Working with Fortune 500 companies to improve their security posture
- Remote / Hybrid Working
- Casual Dress Code
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement + bank holidays – plus an opportunity to sell and/or buy holidays
- Private Health Insurance (Salary Sacrifice)
- Employee Assistance Programme – to support the health and well being of employees.
- Free Eye Tests
- Free Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Referral Bonus Programme
- Exciting Technology
- Training & Conferences
- Opportunities for International Travel
- Social Activities and Events
- Free Tea, Coffee and Snacks
- Free Parking
This is an exciting opportunity to join the company with good career progression as they continue on an impressive growth path.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.