IT & Internet
£45,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
Senior Software Developer - Central London - Financial Services
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 p.a. plus Benefits
A foreign bank based in Central London are looking to recruit a Senior Software Developer to design, modify, develop, write and implement software applications and components across the bank.
This role requires someone with extensive experience developing and implementing applications using Microsoft and Mobile development technologies.
Job Description/ Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain software repository and delegating tasks to team members
- Creating and implementing software design plans.
- Analysing code segments regularly and reviewing code work for accuracy and functionality. Enhance and develop new functionalities on our existing systems and software products. Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Ensure our software documentation is up-to-date
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and technology developments. Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Liaise with Development Team at parent bank on group projects/systems.
- Consult closely with management and occasionally agency staff related to projects and tasks
- Is required to develop new change requests or fix issues that are in the current application
- Debug existing code and find a solution to the issue within agreed SLA
- Work with minimal supervision and should be able to work in pressure environment where there can be lot of demand from users [for new functionality, support, bug fixes]
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Work experience as a Senior Developer (at least 5 to 7 years) in writing bug free code using .Net 4.5 in using C#, Vb.Net, Html, CSS and Java script.
- Develop Windows/web services/web forms using .NET Framework and .NET Core.
- Proven development experience in desktop and mobile web development.
- Web Services (SOAP/REST/API) Development
- Experience in writing stored procedures, views and queries in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong experience in structured systems development environment.
- Experience providing 2nd or 3rd line application support when required.
- Experience in analysing systems in order to understand how to support them.
- Experience communicating with Business users of all levels through written and verbal communication.
- Experience working in Agile environment
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.