IT & Internet
£80,000 to £95,000 Per Annum
Senior Python Software Engineer – Remote based
£80,000 - £95,000 per annum + competitive benefits and excellent pension.
Primary Purpose of Role:
Within this role you will be responsible for taking the lead on all phases of the software development lifecycle. The purpose of this role is to build highly responsive products that support the business needs. You’re someone that produces clean, efficient code based on specifications and develops high-quality software design and architecture. You’re also someone that can be relied on as a subject matter expect and can take the lead on mentoring more junior members of staff, acting as a technical lead on new products or projects.
Your work experience will see you have some of the following in your background:
- Strong experience as a Python Software Engineer
- Exposure to or familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Python tools and frameworks, such as Flask and Django
- Demonstrable experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Good knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases and Object Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Good knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- Strong knowledge of collaborative development tools such as Github, JIRA and Confluence
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Experience of acting as a technical lead with the ability to mentor more junior staff.
At the heart of everything, you’ll be someone that has a strong desire to create efficiencies within a tech stack. Within this role you will be working on products that have a tangible benefit on people’s lives and you will be encouraged to continually develop your skills. If you’re a technologist that is always keen to find and conquer the next challenge then I want to hear from you.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003