£26,000 to £30,000 Per Annum
Senior Purchasing Coordinator
Salary £26,000 to £30,000 Depending on experience.
My client in Wokingham is looking for a Senior Purchasing Coordinator to join their growing team.
Must have solid purchasing/procurement experience.
This is a multi company role.
To proactively coordinate procurement of all goods and Services across the company to ensure the smooth running of the business with no unnecessary delays. Additionally we hold responsibility for some of the purchasing across the sister companies and this will form an essential part of the position. Reporting directly to the CSM, regular reporting across the business to the Management Team and Directors will be required
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Purchasing (including finding new suppliers, determining terms, negotiating prices) of:
- Bonded stock from OEM’s and approved suppliers for repair departments
- Machined components, prototype components and tooling
- Planning, monitoring and maintaining purchasing activities.
- Track supplier performance against agreed terms and conditions.
- Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks.
- Coordinate between vendors and our teams including other companies within our group.
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times.
- Building, nurturing and maintaining relationships with suppliers/Customers to negotiate the best prices for company.
- Identify and research potential new suppliers to reduce costs.
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels.
- Using Quantum to accurately order required volume of products using work and sales forecasting.
- Ensuring adequate stock for critical parts that meet the companies’ minimum stock levels and responsible for the running the reports.
- Ability to monitor group purchasing based on current requirements and ensure any potential shortfalls are addressed before issues occur.
- Following-up on outstanding purchase orders and monitoring delivery dates.
- Pro-active approach to solving supply issues and offering alternate options.
- Responsible for working with the QA Department to return defective purchased components.
- To complete any other tasks as delegated by the Customer Services and or General Manager to suit the needs of the business.
- Assist in the development and management of the Senior Purchasing Executive on a day-to-day basis.
- Degree educated or equivalent experience.
- Purchasing Management diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years working in a similar Senior Purchasing role.
- Experience of Quantum ERP system or experience within the Aviation industry.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Attention to details and strong knowledge of MS Office but in particular excel.
- Good communication skills and the ability to build rapport.
- Commercial Awareness and forward thinking.
- Positive can do attitude.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.