IT & Internet
£85,000 Per Annum
Senior Product Manager (Data Platform/AWS/SQL) - Remote (UK or Ireland)
My client, an award-winning Media House is looking for a Senior Product Manager to oversee their data lake sitting in the data team. This role is all about data ingestion. So They need candidates who have worked on data platforms before.
Data team is a part of the Digital Product & Engineering department. The team is tasked to build a data platform which brings multiple customer data silos together and build Single View of the Customer for many use cases, such as management reporting, analytics, automations in commercial processes, digital product user journeys, etc. All of their work is contributing towards implementation of a wider Customer strategy within the Reach group.
They breathe their values of Collaboration, Determination, Imagination, and Customer Focus, underpinning the work their talented employees produce every single day, from editorial and HR, to technology and print. They strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working and autonomy in their day-to-day jobs.
- In this role, you will build and support the central customer data lake which aims to ingest and manage customer data from multiple silos across the Group.
- You will work closely with Business Intelligence, Digital Product, AdTech and other teams across the business to understand their needs, requirements and priorities for data.
- This will involve coordinating with multiple data providers to specify and deliver ingestion; collaborating with the team of data engineers and the data architect to organise the raw data for easier access.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Significant experience of successfully managing and delivering complex data integration (or migration) and master data management projects for enterprise level businesses
- Extensive experience in ETL methodologies to support both data integrations and master data management
- Knowledge of data architectures, design including dimensional modelling
- Knowledge of cloud based data management services: AWS, GCP or equivalent
- Advanced SQL skills
- Proven experience in proposing and implementing data quality solutions and processes
- Advanced knowledge of data privacy, GDPR regulation
- Exceptional stakeholder management and organisational skills
- Advanced experience with project delivery and agile methodologies
You will have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Working with multiple stakeholders across the business to identify data integration needs, priorities, benefits
- Defining and owning overall data integration strategy
- Planning large scale data integrations, collaborate with external and internal data vendors (system providers) and lead the data engineering team
- Providing support, training and advice to other data teams on how to access and work with the data
- Investigating and resolving data ingestion and transformation issues in a timely manner and to a high standard.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.