IT & Internet
Senior Hardware Engineer - Cambridge
Salary Negotiable depending on experience
My client is a growing organisation who are currently expanding their team.
My client designs and supplies best-in-class, passive RFID fixed reader systems enabling our customers to better track their inventory and optimise their asset management. Based on proprietary technology developed by our founders at Cambridge University, our RFID readers have far greater accuracy, range, and speed than any other RFID readers on the market. We are growing fast and are backed by leading strategic investors such as Stanley Black & Decker. We have ambitious plans to continue our growth and become the global market leader. To drive this growth, the company is seeking to engage a Senior Hardware Engineer. You will be a key member of the technical team, improving the product to help it achieve financial growth through maintaining and improving on its market leading product performance. This role will report directly to the VP Engineering.
The primary role is hardware development including design, prototype verification and testing within the Engineering team. You will also be working closely with our Software and Operations teams and will occasionally support the Field Engineering team. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a new in-house electronics laboratory facility.
- Excellent interpersonal communications
- Hands-on approach
- Willingness to work with other areas of the business including with customer facing staff should need arise
- Expected Experience: 5-10 years
Required Technical Skills
- Knowledge of RF circuitry and design
- Experience of RF standards compliance and test equipment (e.g. network analysers, spectrum analysers, etc.)
- Understanding of RF systems (e.g. transmitters, receivers, antennas, and propagation)
- Experience of PCB design (schematic entry and PCB layout, preferably using Altium tools)
Other Useful Skills
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or Electronics
- Knowledge of analogue and digital hardware design
- Experience of production support
- Essential software/scripting skills e.g. C or python
- Knowledge of RFID or similar wireless systems
Work at all levels of the design process, including:
- RF, analogue, and digital hardware design
- Schematic capture and PCB layout
- Test and debug of prototypes in a laboratory environment
- Support of product manufacturing and production test
- Support of product compliance testing
- Investigation of hardware-related field issues
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.