£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
Senior Controls & Electrical Design Engineer – Oxfordshire
Salary – £45K - £55K + £3,000 bonus based on company performance
Our client is one of Europe’s leading specialists in inspection machines and artificial intelligence vision products – supplying customers all around the world and building an unrivalled reputation for innovation, quality and precision in machine vision systems for inspection, guidance and identification.
Their work covers the full range of factory automation processes and procedures including mechanical design, electrical control, machine vision and installation.
Looking for a keen and enthusiastic Senior Controls & Electrical Design Engineer who can work effectively as part of an experienced engineering team. The role will involve electrical control and PLC development alongside the ability to utilise AutoCAD Electrical to design panels and electrical schematics for small integrated camera systems through to large industrial automation machinery.
- Design and specify control systems and electrical components for industrial automation systems.
- Create electrical schematics and designs within AutoCAD Electrical including layout diagrams, terminal and wiring plans to EU Standards.
- PLC and controls programming of industrial automation systems.
- Create technical specifications, process flow diagrams and plan control system programming architecture.
- Work with the Design and Applications Engineering engineers to provide drawings, specifications and deliver projects on time.
- Co-ordinate suppliers as part of overall project control.
- Help as required for the electrical fitting, wiring of panels and assembly of machine builds.
- Carry out electrical testing procedures on new machine builds.
- Supporting electrical problem-solving during manufacturing build process.
- Understand and deploy all machine vision hardware and software used in client’s systems.
- Integrate and Commission new systems in support of client’s Engineers at customer site within the UK and overseas.
- Maintain, develop and support existing control systems at customer site within the UK and overseas.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years industry experience in electrical design and PLC/HMI programming.
- Experience and knowledge of designing and creating electrical panel layouts within electrical CAD software.
- HND/C or BEng in a relevant engineering or technical subject
- Experience of planning, developing, programming and testing control systems with PLC automation software on projects from start to finish.
- Experience using Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLCs, HMIs and control gear.
- Sound understanding of electrical control gear, industrial automation and implementation of communication protocols (Profinet/Profibus, EtherNet/IP, TCP/IP, serial, OPC, IO-link, etc.)
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- Well organised, ability to work to deadlines and a high attention to detail.
- Clean and full UK driving licence.
- Experience using Allen Bradley motion control.
- Experience using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Experience of robotics (SCARA, 6-axis, collaborative, Universal Robots).
- Experience of machine vision and vision system technology integration.
- Company Health Insurance scheme following probation period.
- Opportunity to follow the IET Chartered Engineering CPD scheme to gain fully Chartered Engineer status.
- Pension Scheme
- 33 days (25 days per year plus 8 bank holidays)
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.