£40,000 Per Annum
Senior Commissioning/Service Engineer - Audio/ Visual - London
My client is a London based AV Solutions company. They are specialists in home cinema, smart home, whole house integration, lighting control, Control4, Crestron, AV systems, home automation, data & WiFi, security, video conferencing and commercial AV.
They are also proud members of CEDIA the Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association.
Due to increased workload, my client requires a Senior Service & Commissioning Engineer (Residential) to join their growing AV Company. This is a Full-time position, salary is dependent upon experience. Working hours - Mon/Fri, 8am to 5pm. The vast majority of work in Central London but there may be opportunities to work abroad on specific projects. A vehicle will be provided.
- Installation of Lighting control - Lutron, Crestron, Control4 predominantly
- CCTV (Lilin & Axis) - installation of cameras and configuration of NVR
- Installation and maintenance of Data & Wi-Fi Networks (Draytek, Cisco & Ruckus).
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Full, clean driving license (vehicle provided) - the vehicles are tracked and therefore efficient time keeping is a necessity as they use these logs for invoicing clients. You must keep the van clean and stocked with small materials at all time
- Good communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to write reports daily to send to the office. Summary emails are to be provided at the end of each day stating what was completed that day and any outstanding issues. Maintenance visits need to be well documented on the day. Communication is key
- Ability to work to the highest quality standards with attention to detail ensuring work is completed thoroughly and solutions found
- Organised and flexible team player with the ability to approach different types of tasks during the working day
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure is essential
- Ability to installation CCTV cameras and configuration NVR
- Crestron and Control4 (broad experience is an advantage).
- My client would like someone who has been on the 4-day Control4 course in York and has experience of programming a variety of C4 systems.
- In terms of Crestron, they have a Crestron programmer for 'custom’ systems, and they are now predominantly designing Crestron Home systems for new projects. You will ideally be familiar with Crestron Toolbox and be able to upload software to devices, update firmware and run tools such as debugger in order to fault find with remote support from the programmer. AMX experience also an advantage
Data & Wi-Fi Networks
- My client would expect all engineers to have excellent knowledge of IP and be able to setup and commission a network with a Draytek router, Cisco switches and Ruckus access points.
- All engineers need to be able to fault find network issues as the network forms the backbone of all our systems and is often the root course of other errors
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.