Media & New Media
Senior Business Manager
London, W1K / International
Salary: Highly Competitive D.O.E. & Qualifications
This Senior Business Manager position offers the opportunity to operate for a well organised and long-established company who are a communications-based strategy consultancy that works with ambitious leaders and technologists at the frontline of the new economy. These entrepreneurs, founders, and risk-takers often defy the odds and conventional wisdom, working tirelessly to affect change in the world.
As their epic journey begins, our client’s partners with them to establish and defend their position in the digital and decentralized age. In situations without precedent or rules, our client supports leading innovators as they venture into the unknown. Our client’s roots in fintech-stronghold New York, and bases in Singapore and Dublin, they operate from the frontlines of the new economy. From these innovation hubs, they guide clients as they embark on unprecedented journeys, helping them take on local, regional, and international markets across the Americas, EMEA, and the APAC region.
The successful applicant can expect to receive a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications, company pension, 25 days annual leave, excluding UK bank holidays, training and development, company assigned Apple laptop and iPhone, enhanced parental leave, cycle to work scheme plus free bike storage at the office and the opportunity to travel within Europe for industry events and in-person client meetings.
Senior Business Manager Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the successful servicing of multiple client accounts in different emerging technology sectors
- Planning and executing highly successful global PR campaigns
- Conducting workshops, media training and status update meetings with senior clients
- Leading issues management and crisis response efforts on behalf of clients
- Leading a small, high-performance team of (approx. 4-5) PR professionals, specifically: allocating resources and managing workloads; and supporting team members’ ongoing professional development.
- Bringing fresh ideas and a positive, entrepreneurial outlook as our client continues to improve their services and grow their organisation. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual to develop their skills and further their career in account management. Our client has fantastic offices in London, W1K, but primarily they are still working remotely.
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years’ recent PR agency experience conducting media relations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of finance and/or blockchain or an advanced technology not essential but a distinct advantage
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to identify opportunities for clients
- Excellent knowledge of the media landscape
- Ability to communicate clearly and present complex information in a concise and clear form
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in successfully managing crisis communications
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams
- Passion for mentoring and coaching more junior colleagues
- Motivated to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of social, organisational and professional standards in job-related activities
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days holidays, excluding UK bank holidays
- Company assigned Apple laptop and iPhone
- Pension Scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme plus free bike storage at the office
- Client workshops – training in blockchain and PR topics
- CPD (continuous professional development) with individual training and further education opportunities
- Opportunity to travel to Dublin for training workshops
- Opportunity to travel within Europe for industry events and in-person client meetings
- Opportunity to learn from and work with their colleagues across the globe in Ireland, the US, and Singapore
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.