Media & New Media
£35,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Senior Account Manager – London
Hours: Full time
My client is an ambitious and award-winning communications agency as well as a top 15 UK tech PR firm delivering major global and national campaigns for change makers.
They are recruiting for a Senior Account manager with 3 or more year’s experience to join its fast-growing tech team and be the forefront of high-profile campaigns for some of the UK’s most influential leaders and organisations in the digital economy.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of media relations specialists concentrating on driving issue-led campaigns that tackle some of the biggest debates at the intersection between tech, policy, and social change.
The appointed Senior Account Manager will have a proven track record of conveying excellent results for clients and a deep understanding of media relations and the press especially across the tech, business, and investment press.
You will be experienced managing client relationships, leading internal teams and be a enthusiastic self-starter who can hit the ground running with a clear brief.
- Team Management and development
- Media relations, pitching stories and proactively finding opportunities and angles, writing, and distributing press releases and opinion editorials
- Leading client campaigns and being responsible for delivering against KPI’s
- Supporting with day to day running of client accounts
- Strong media relationships
- Drafting content – media pitches, opinion editorials, press releases, and web copy
- Assisting with research and production of thought leadership reports
- Assisting with development and management of social media platforms and content
- Support with event planning and execution
- Involvement in the business development strategy- identifying leads, drafting proposals and joining pitch teams.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 3 year’s experience
- As a senior account manager
- Team player
- Great attention to detail
- Strong communicating skills
- Ability to prioritise and work across a range of clients accounts
- Appetite for knowledge and improvement
- Capability to build strong relationships with colleagues, clients and the media
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.