£45,000 Per Annum
Security Technical Manager – Stevenage
Salary: £45K plus Benefits
Our client is a well-established Fire and Security systems specialists and claim to be the originators of external courtesy/security lighting. After setting up a manufacturing facility to support the sales to distributors, we were soon involved in system design and installation of electronic security and fire systems which became our main business. we built a well-respected name in both the construction industry working for many of the main and middle-sized M & E Companies in addition to working for a wide cross section of End Users.
We are looking for an experienced Security Technical Manager with minimum exp of 5 years. It is essential that the Candidate is experienced in intruder alarms systems being our main business on security.
Training will be provided for our own bespoke Customer Database and our electronic Purchase Order Processing system (POP) for raising purchase orders, clearing deliveries and clearing orders off the system. Must be able to touch type.
- Technical support to the Sales Team, particularly with respect to larger project which may involve the integration of various systems.
- Deal with Security Service Engineers’ technical problems.
- Deal with Security Installation Engineers’ technical problems.
- Deal with Customers’ telephone enquiries.
- Deal with Customers’ complaints.
- Prepare letters / e-mails to Customers.
- You will be expected to represent our Company at site meetings either at our premises or at our Customers’ sites.
- Respond to Customers call-outs.
- Provide quotes to new Customers, for takeover systems and for existing Customer.
- Assessing products and making recommendations prior to specifying them in quotations / tenders.
- Propose stockholding for in-house and vans to support our systems.
- Provide hands-on assistance on site.
- Raising purchase orders to purchase equipment.
- Signing for deliveries and putting them in the Security Stores.
- Clearing purchase orders and invoices.
- Deal with returns, e.g. faulty equipment.
- Price-up works orders.
- Deal with intruder alarm activations and false activations.
- Manage false alarms and their statistics.
- If the occasion arises, be included on the call out rota in the event of sickness. We have two other Managers who also assist in emergencies.
- Overseeing visits from NSI Inspectors. NSI (The National Security Inspectorate) is our third-party accreditation body.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
The Candidate must have detailed knowledge of Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Door Entry and Access Control Systems and a thorough technical knowledge of the following manufacturers' products:
Intruder: Eaton Range, Pyronix, Honeywell – Galaxy, Texecom, Mobile Apps.
CCTV: Hikvision IP / TVI, Pelco, DM, Adpro, Optex, RVR Solutions, IT Network Literate
Access Control: ACT, Paxton
Door Entry: BPT, Fermax, Videx - IP and Analogue
External Lighting: GJD
Monitoring: RedCARE, DualCom, ARC / RVR, GSM / PSTN Diallers
Standards: NSI Awareness and the appropriate British Standards.
Computer Skills: WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK 365
Preferred Areas: Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, North London
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.