Security Service Engineer
Salary: From £30,000 OTE £45,000 (minimum 5yrs experience) + benefits
Our client is one of the originators of external / security lighting and after setting up a manufacturing facility to support sales and distribution they were soon involved in the design and installation of electronic security fire systems. They passionately believe that their success has been, and will continue to be, through their commitment to excellence and delivering a level of service unsurpassed in the industry.
They are now on the lookout for a suitability qualified and experienced Security Service Engineer to join their team in Stevenage.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To service Intruder Alarms, CCTV and Access Control Systems.
- Trouble shooting and fault finding of these systems and if the occasions arise to install electronic security systems at their Customers' premises. You will be required to complete all paperwork, in accordance with the appropriate British Standard requirements and NSI (The National Security Inspectorate) dictates and Fire & Security documentation.
Skills and Experience:
- Intruder: Eaton Range, Pyronix, Honeywell - Galaxy, Texecom, Mobile Apps.
- CCTV: Hikvision IP / TVI, Pelco, DM, Adpro, Optex, RVR Solutions, IT Network literate
- Access Control: ACT, Paxton
- Door Entry: BPT, Fermax, Videx - IP and Analogue
- External Lighting: GJD
- GUI: Cortech
- Monitoring: RedCARE, DualCom, ARC / RVR, GSM / PSTN Diallers
- Standards: NSI Awareness.
Basic Hours of Work:
- Forty hours per week commencing at 08:30 with a 1/2 for lunch (Unpaid) each day to be taken between 12:00 - 14:00.
- The Candidate is expected to arrive on their Customer's site at 08:30 and not leave site before 17:00 unless other arrangements have been made for them.
Security Overtime Rates:
The Candidate may from time to time be required to work additional hours in order to meet the needs of the business. Non-call out overtime worked will be paid at the rates as follows:
- Monday - Friday: basic rate of pay x 1.33
- Saturday: basic rate of pay x 1.5
- Sunday : basic rate of pay x 2
- The overtime, travel and night working rates may be capped from time to time depending on the nature of the contracts tendered and to remain competitive. The Candidate will be informed prior to commencement of a contract whether the rate will be capped. The basic rate (1) and time and a third (1.33) will remain unchanged.
- If the rate is to be capped, the Candidate will be informed prior to the work commencing, and would be capped as follows (If the Candidate’s basic rate is lower than £11 then the lower basic rate will apply):
- A maximum of £11 per hour for: 1.5 = £16.50 2.0 = £22.00
- For the avoidance of doubt, this capped rate will also apply to the call out rota in the same manner on occasions which will be stipulated to you prior to commencing the matter.
Security Travelling Time Rates:
- The Candidate will receive payment of your travelling from home to site in the mornings and from site to home in the evenings if this travelling time is over and above your normal straight eight hour day and will be paid at the basic rate x 1.33. For example, if you leave home at 06:00 and arrive on site at 08:30 you will receive 2½ hours overtime at the basic rate x 1.33 and if you leave site at 17:30 and arrive home at 20:00 you will also receive 2½ hours overtime at the basic rate x 1.33. The Candidate will not get paid overtime to travel from home to the office in the mornings or from the office to home in the evenings.
Security Duty Roster:
- It is recognised in the industry that it is "Custom and Practice" for a Duty Engineers' Roster to be in operation as they have to provide the facility of emergency call outs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- The Candidate will be expected to be included on the Duty Engineers' Roster for emergency call outs. Where you are on-call you are not permitted to consume any alcohol or non-prescribed drugs. Number 1 Duty Engineer receives £295.00 per week (Weekdays 5 x £34 = £170 and Weekends 2 x £62.50 = £125). The Number 2 Duty Engineer receives £50.00 per week based on five weekdays at £5.00 per day and two weekend days at £12.50 per day. Separate rates apply to bank and public holidays, plus premium rates during the following time bands:
- 06:01 - 08:30 basic rate x 1.75
- 17:00 - 24:00 basic rate x 1.75
- 00:01 - 06:00 basic rate x 2.50
Weekends: Saturday 00:01 - Monday 06:00 basic rate x 2.50
- Bank and Public Holidays basic rate x 2.50.
- The Security Service Engineers are on the Duty Engineers’ Roster one week in five weeks.
- As stated above for the overtime rates, the call out rota may be capped from time to time depending on the nature of the contracts tendered and to remain competitive. The Candidate will be informed prior to commencement of a contract whether the rate will be capped. If the rate is to be capped, the following rate will apply (If your basic rate is lower than £11 then your lower basic rate will apply):
- A maximum of £11 per hour for: 1.75 = £19.25 2.50 = £27.50.
If you are a suitably qualified and experienced Security Service Engineer and ready for your next challenge in a growing organisation with lots of opportunity to progress, we would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.