Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
£40,000 Per Annum
Scrub Nurse (Ophthalmology)
Location: Colindale, London
Salary: Up to £40k + Excellent Benefits
Job Type: Full - Time, Permanent
Our client is a leading healthcare provider, offering high-quality eye care services nationwide with a deep dedication to enhancing lives through vision restoration.
As a Scrub Nurse, you will play a pivotal role in delivering exceptional patient care and offering clinical and technical support in the operating theatre as well as overseeing peri-operative and post-operative care within the surgical and refractive suite.
- Perform a wide range of registered healthcare duties, including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care, while upholding patient privacy and dignity.
- Anticipate surgical team needs by providing appropriate surgical instruments and equipment.
- Ensure proper disposal of surgical equipment, including decontamination and sterilisation of reusable items, and maintain complete traceability documentation.
- Be aware of patient-specific requirements, communicate any issues to the theatre team lead, Clinic Manager, or RHOCS.
- Support consultants / surgeons and deliver excellent patient care.
- Offer clinical advice and initial emergency care within the scope of competency to staff, patients, and their caregivers.
- Adhere to Health and Safety and COSHH legislation.
- Monitor and document all patient care and treatment, maintaining high standards and quality.
- Provide effective handovers to recovery staff for safe and efficient patient discharge.
- Ensures compliance with revalidation requirements or keeps the portfolio updated.
- Controls and administers drugs as a trained healthcare professional.
- Serve as a mentor / preceptor for both trained and untrained staff after receiving appropriate training.
- To support the Clinical Services Manager in maintaining adequate stock levels to enable timely treatment delivery.
- Previously worked as a Scrub Nurse, Theatre Nurse, Surgical Nurse or in a similar role.
- At least one year of experience in an Ophthalmology Theatre.
- Registered General Nurse or Operating Department Practitioner.
- Valid NMC / ODP registration with no restrictions.
- First-level Registered Nurse with specialied theatre training or equivalent experience, or Level 3 NVQ in Operating Department Practice (ODP), or City and Guilds 752 qualification in ODA
- Qualification in Ophthalmology or Peri operative care.
- Familiarity with NMC Professional Code of Conduct responsibilities
- Understanding of private and operation settings.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days of annual leave
- Matching pension contributions
- Private healthcare
- Free laser eye treatment
Apply now for this fantastic opportunity to work with a leading eye care provider.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.