Residential Property Solicitor
Location: Malmesbury, Wilts
With a long established and well-earned reputation for excellence, our clients offer a full range of high-class legal services for both businesses and individuals. They are committed to the very best standards of practice and are very proud to hold Lexcel - the Law Society’s recognition of the highest management and customer care standards.
Due to successful expansion, Our client is seeking a Residential Property Solicitor. You will have experience in all aspects of residential property, running your own caseload and be familiar with case management. Ideally you should have a minimum of 5 years PQE.
- To undertake property services for clients primarily in residential property
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Taking instructions from clients and advising clients
- Communication with clients in person, on the telephone and by letter
- Communication with third parties on behalf of clients and negotiating with a third party's Solicitors on behalf of Clients
- Advising clients with regard to costs, preparing accounts and accounting to clients from time to time.
- Drafting and approving documents
- Dealing with routine correspondence and telephone attendances
- Selecting and instructing independent experts to provide advice on behalf of clients.
- Assisting colleagues and support staff
- Using the computer to open and close files, input time and generally work within Partners for Windows and other computer programmes as necessary.
- Completing all administrative forms as shall be required from time to time.
- Keeping in contact with local Estate Agents and other referrers of work
- Marketing the services of the residential property department specifically and the firm generally.
- Knowledge of relevant law.
- Ability to communicate with all types of clients and to provide succinct and understandable advice to those clients.
- Drafting skills and ability to negotiate.
- Ability to research law and present results to other fee earners and clients
- Have a minimum of 5 years PQE
- Previous experience of working in a residential conveyancing department
- Good academic results.
- Experience in Commercial an advantage.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.